Out staff of freelance writers includes over 120 experts proficient in Ergonomics, therefore you can rest assured that your assignment will be handled by only top rated specialists. Order your paper at affordable prices with LivePaperHelp.com!
What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics refers to the relationship between the worker and the work environment , ensuring that all equipment and work areas meet the needs of the person performing that task.
We will be looking at Workstation requirements and posture, the consequences of not following the correct procedures and Tips to create a safe, comfortable, and healthy office environment.
Workstation requirements and posture.
Operators in a workstation need to ensure that all equipment is positioned to eliminated problems that could occur.
A well designed work area will aid the work flow in the office and the efficiency of the operator can be maximised. The major risks include physical, mental and eye strain. These are associated with a poorly set-up work area, but can be avoided. To avoid these risks, it is important that you organise your work environment appropriately, use the equipment in the correct manner and take breaks while typing for a long period of time.
Duty of care in the workplace
1. In terms of occupational health and safety, what does the term “ duty of care” mean?
You and your workplace has a responsibility to make sure that yourself and others are safe.
2. What does S.A.M stand for?
Spot the hazard
Assess the risk
Make a change
3. Describe some of the examples of good design to minimise risk that you saw in this segment of the video.
· Architect should work closely with occupational health and safety officers
· Wide aisles
· Clearly marked walkways
· Extraction system to reduce toxic fumes.
· Wear suitable designed clothing
· The employer must issue you with the appropriate safety equipment
· Hearing protection and sound proofing
· Well designed equipment reduces manual handling
4. How does regular maintenance and cleaning contribute to a safe work environment? ( house keeping)
Clean as you go and reduce clutter and rubbish
In a wet working area electrical leads must be kept at a safe distance
5. How can workplace morale be enhanced by attention to health and safety issues? ( co-operation )
Working together as a team
6. Describe the way workplace consultation is depicted in this segment of the video?
Warn each other of risks and dangers
Regular meetings to discuss safety issues
Staff have a responsibility to report any concerns to management
Please note that this sample paper on Ergonomics is for your review only. In order to eliminate any of the plagiarism issues, it is highly recommended that you do not use it for you own writing purposes. In case you experience difficulties with writing a well structured and accurately composed paper on Ergonomics, we are here to assist you. Your
Order your authentic assignment from LivePaperHelp.com and you will be amazed at how easy it is to complete a quality custom paper within the shortest time possible!